Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Included with standard admission or membership.
Experience the scents, sights, and flavors at this 2nd annual garden event celebrating Salvia species native to California.
Check out sage-related vendors, try a sample of some sage-inspired culinary delights, enjoy a free workshop or wildflower walk, listen to music and get sage advice (of course!).
Check back often as we build this list of participants and activities. There will be a special RSABG member event from 10 am to noon in the Container Garden.
20-minute lectures in the California Courtyard (TBA)
Sage activities, booths and confirmed participants in the 2015 Sage Festival include:
- Native sage recipe tastings
- Grow Native Nursery - with many varieties of native sages to choose from!
- Sage Advice - (How could we NOT include this opportunity?)
- Try your luck on the Wheel of Sage!
- Padua Farms hand-made soaps and balms, infused with native sages and other herbs
- BEE Green Honey
- Fresh native plant flower arrangements by Native Designs
- Potpourri craft (child-friendly)
- 'See the Sages Salvia Stroll' - Guided walking tours of sages in the garden
- Opening of the new Secrets of Sage exhibit in the Container Garden
- Sage Scavenger Hunt
- Food Truck: The Hurricane Kitchen will be on hand for those who want to purchase lunch and picnic.
- Live music by the High Strung Trio
- Locally made sage-infused raw nut milk by RawNutMilk
- More to come!
April 11, 2015, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Experience poetry in the Garden and celebrate National Poetry Month
California poets welcome the season and National Poetry Month by sharing poems that celebrate nature and the Golden State.
Come and stroll the Garden's paths anytime throughout the event time to enjoy the art of the spoken word performed by poets in the Garden. They will be stationed at various locations around the Garden's Mesa Loop Trail.
Poetry books will be available for sale at the Poetry Stations and in the Garden Shop. Get yours signed by the author!
Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month is now held every April, when schools, publishers, libraries, booksellers, and poets throughout the United States band together to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture. Thousands of organizations participate through readings, festivals, book displays, workshops, and other events.
For a list of poets scheduled to appear and read on April 11, please click here. Please note this list is growing - check back for updates!
March 14, 2015
- Free Garden admission day for all
- Behind the Scenes Tour Opportunities (Stay tuned for details and scheduling)
- Grow Native Nursery Sale.
- Grand Opening - A Living Legacy: The Collections of Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden Exhibit - March 14 through June 28, 2015
- Heritage Education Group and San Gabriel Valley YWCA present the Pop-Up Mobile Farmer's Market!
- Live Acoustic Music 11 a.m.-2 p.m. - Jill Warhol - "Folk on the Rocks"
- Complimentary light refreshments on the Garden Shop patio
Click for California Native Sage Festival information, coming up on March 28!
Sunday, May 10, 2015
This year, our Mother's Day Champagne Brunch and Lunch events are nestled among our new and fragrant Secrets of Sage Exhibit in the California Natives Container Garden. Sit amid a display of amazing Salvia species ('true sages') to set the tone for an unforgettable dining experience during this one of a kind exhibit.
Seating is limited for this exclusive annual event celebrating Mothers. You'll enjoy fantastic food, superb table service and a dining atmosphere only possible at California's Native Garden; listen to live music performed by Steve Rushingwind and don't forget the giveaways we have in store for Moms at each table. Tickets inlcude free Garden admission and FREE tickets to our popular Butterfly Pavilion for your party on Mother's Day. The Butterfly Pavilion is open 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Complimentary tram service to and from the venue will be available beginning at 8:30 a.m. for Brunch and 11:30 for Lunch.
Guests are also welcome to have their family photograph taken by photographer Sonja Stump of Sonja Stump Photography; No sitting fee; photo proofs can be viewed online and purchased after the event.
Ticket prices for Brunch or Lunch:
Member: Adult $48 / Child (ages 3-12) $30
Public: Adult $65 / Child (ages 3-12) $40
ORDER TICKETS for Brunch (9:30 a.m.) Menu
ORDER TICKETS for Lunch (12:30 p.m.) Menu