April 30, 2016, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Experience poetry in the Garden and celebrate National Poetry Month
California poets welcome the season and National Poetry Month by sharing poems that celebrate our Garden, all gardens, nature and the environment of this fragile earth and out into limitless space.
Come and stroll the Garden's paths anytime throughout the event time to enjoy the art of the spoken word performed by poets in the Garden. They will be stationed at various locations around the Garden's Mesa Loop Trail.
Poetry books will be available for sale at the Poetry Stations and in the Garden Shop. Get yours signed by the author!
Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month is now held every April, when schools, publishers, libraries, booksellers, and poets throughout the United States band together to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture. Thousands of organizations participate through readings, festivals, book displays, workshops, and other events.
For a list of poets scheduled to appear and read on April 30, please click here [link coming soon!]. Please note this list is growing - check back for updates!
A full-spectrum of art offered for display and sale, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden. The annual art exhibition showcases the artwork of California artists along the trails of Indian Hill Mesa. Visitors can view the artists' diverse range of media and techniques, watch demonstrations and meet the artists. Art purchases help support RSABG.
- Saturday includes a special member benefit, FREE admission to the Butterfly Pavilion on June 6.
- The public is also welcome to visit the Butterfly Pavilion; tickets are $2 per person (children under 3 are free).
- Guests will also receive 2 complimentary tickets to the Butterfly Pavilion with each Art in the Garden art purchase, valid for use through August 2 (limit 2 per transaction).
Wednesday Nights in July, 5 - 8 p.m.
Tickets: RSABG member $10, public $15
Ticket includes one beer (additional beverages may be purchased)
A new event for guests 21 and up.
Local musicians provide the soundtrack to the Garden and the Butterfly Pavilion. Learn fun facts while you walk among the butterflies and enjoy a cold beer on these warm summer nights.
Ticketed guests receive one free beer and light snacks; additional beer may be purchased for $5.
The fine print:
- Ticket price includes evening admission, admission to the Butterfly Pavilion, and one complementary beer. Additional beverages may be purchased. Free parking.
- Garden remains open until 8 p.m.
- Must be 21 or older to attend and must show proper identification. No exceptions. Children will not be admitted even if parent or guardian is present. (Children may enjoy Wednesday extended hours in the Garden but will be excluded from the Butterflies and Brews beverage areas.)
- Purchase tickets at the admissions kiosk or charge by phone. No refunds or ticket exchanges. In the event of a weather-related event cancellation, tickets are valid for: 1) Entry to another Butterflies and Brews evening this season or 2) one regular Garden Admission, valid one year from date of cancelled event (not valid for ticketed events). No outside food, beverage or alcohol may be brought into the Garden.
Thursday Evenings, June 25-July 30, 2015
Gates open at 6 p.m. for picnicking and food service by Gourmet Gourmet Catering. Concerts begin at 7 p.m.
Enjoy the cool evening air at the Garden with a picnic, great music and good friends.
Individual event ticket pricing:
Members: $5 (Children ages 12 and under are FREE)
**NEW** Gold Card & Acorn Level Members are FREE - Must show membership card at concert for complimentary admission.
Public: $8 (Children ages 12 and under are FREE)
Season ticket discount pricing:
Members: $25 for all six concerts (Children ages 12 and under are FREE)
Public: $40 for all six concerts (Children ages 12 and under are FREE)
You can purchase food and beverages from Gourmet Gourmet Catering in the California Courtyard the evening of each show. Bert and Rocky's will be selling cool treats. Menu to come!
The 2015 Garden Groove concert series is sponsored, in part, by Golden State Water Company.