Friday, October 17 and Saturday, October 18, 2014, 5:30 until 9 p.m.
Friday, October 17 is RSABG members-only night!
Come to Things that Go Bump in the Night and meet the owls, opossums, spiders and plants who rule the Garden at night!
Things that Go Bump in the Night is a fun evening family event to observe and learn about plants and animals that are most active at night. Visitors follow Garden paths with a passport to visit interactive stations exploring the nocturnal world and its amazing critters.
This year's highlights include:
Wild Wings of California with several raptors including live owls! Please note Wild Wings of California will be onsite until 8 p.m. each event evening.
Marshmellow the opposum and her wildlife rehabilitator Janet Chaney - Because, of course, 'possums are awesome!
The World Famous Spider Show - In this very entertaining comedic "bug" show, children of all ages learn all about how spiders have adapted to catch their prey in different ways. Then, the kids' acting skills will be tested as some of them will become the spider and prey in a hilarious group of interactive theatrical "skits." This is fun for the whole family.
Kimmi Kraus returns with Project Wildsong to dispel myths and misinformation by providing interpretation and education about their live wolves, Ambassador Wolf Damu and Ambassador Wolf Cael, inspiring visitors with their beauty and with truth.
An activity passport will be issued as visitors check in, and can be stamped at each station. Complete your passport and earn a small prize.
- Please, no Halloween costumes.This is not a Halloween-themed event.
- Bring a flashlight. Nighttime lighting at the Garden is limited. Please don’t be one of the things that go bump in the night—bring a flashlight for each visitor and follow the designated event paths.
- Picnic dinners in the California Courtyard are welcomed.
- Restrooms and gift shop. The California Garden Gift Shop and restrooms will remain open throughout the evening.
- Gates will open from 5:30 until 7 p.m. The admission kiosk will be staffed until 9 p.m. Call (909) 625-8767 ext. 224 for more information.