Submissions Accepted Through May 31, 2015
Included with standard admission or membership.
We know that many of our visitors are fine photographers, and we're giving you a chance to show off your images! Now through May 31, 2015, submit a photograph to our contest. We will select winners and display them, and several runners-up, in our gallery during the summer.
There will be one winner from each of the following categories:
- Landscape Views
- Creatures in the Garden
- People's Choice
First Prize: The prize for each first place winner in each category is a one-year Family Membership to Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden (RSABG). If you are already a family or individual member, you may extend your expiration by a year or gift the membership to someone else. (Family Membership = two named adults, and their children/grandchildren 18 and younger.)
Runner-up: The prize for the runner-up in each category is a one-year Individual Membership to RSABG. If you are already an individual member, you may extend your expiration by a year or gift the membership to someone else.
All Chosen for Display in the Gallery: The photographer for the photograph(s) chosen for display in the Gallery will receive a re-usable admission pass for two valid during the exhibition, and two admission passes to give away. (One set pet per photographer.)
How to submit your photo(s)
- Photographs must have been taken at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden anytime between May 1, 2014, and May 31, 2015.
- The photograph must be your own original work.
- Include a photo subject release for each person whose face is recognizable in a photograph. (Recognizable is subject to interpretation by us, so if you have any doubt, please secure a release.)
- All submissions must be digital.
- All submissions should be suitable for 8" x 10" printing (e.g. 2800 x 3500 pixels).
- You may submit up to five (5) entries.
- Send your photograph(s) to photocontest[at]rsabg.org (replace the [at] with @) or on CD by midnight PST on May 31, 2015.
Important Fine Print
- Photographs must have been taken at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden between May 1, 2014, and May 31, 2015.
- You must observe the standard visitor guidelines while taking your photograph(s).
- Submissions become the property of Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, for unrestricted use of the photograph without compensation (but with acknowledgement where possible).
- Photographs must be received by midnight PST, May 31, 2015. Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden is not responsible for transmission errors or for CDs that are lost or damaged in transit.
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden reserves the right to dismiss any entries not deemed by us to meet the contest guidelines.
- Alas, RSABG staff may not participate in the contest.
Our annual Teacher Open House will be held on Saturday, August 15, 2015 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Free Garden admission for school teachers and administrators and their immediate family.
- Explore school tour and program displays; complete your passport to be eligible for great prizes!
- Reserve field trips. Spring reservations fill up quick. Bring your calendar to schedule a fun and educational trip for your students.
- Stay an hour or stay all day
- Great prizes and giveaways
- Complimentary refreshments including continental breakfast.
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden offers walking tours and programs that include activity stations to help educate students about the Golden State. Tours and programs convey the importance of native plants, cultures of indigenous people and natural history of California. RSABG tours and programs correlate with K - 8 Cross Curricular Common Core Standards for California public schools.