Things that Go Bump in the Night is a fun evening family event to observe and learn about plants and animals that are most active at night. Visitors follow Garden paths with a passport to visit interactive stations exploring the nocturnal world and its amazing critters.
This year's highlights include:
Live Owls and other Raptors brought to us by Wild Wings of California. Please note Wild Wings of California will be onsite until 8 p.m. each event evening.
The Parasitic Insects Show - In this very entertaining comedic "bug" show, children of all ages learn all about parasitic insects.
Live Wolves brought to us by Kimmi Kraus: Project Wildsong. These friendly canines to dispel myths and misinformation about wolves by providing interpretation and education about their important role in the ecosystem.
More details coming soon.
An activity passport will be issued as visitors check in, and can be stamped at each station.
- Please, no Halloween costumes. This is not a Halloween-themed event.
- Bring a flashlight. Nighttime lighting at the Garden is limited. Please don’t be one of the things that go bump in the night—bring a flashlight for each visitor and follow the designated event paths.
- Picnic dinners in the California Courtyard are welcomed.
- Restrooms and gift shop. The California Garden Gift Shop and restrooms will remain open throughout the evening.
- Gates will open from 5:30 until 7 p.m. The admission kiosk will be staffed until 9 p.m. Call (909) 625-8767 ext. 224 for more information.