5:30 until 9 p.m.
Things that Go Bump in the Night is a fun evening family event to observe and learn about plants and animals that are most active at night. Visitors follow Garden paths with a passport to visit interactive stations exploring the nocturnal world and its amazing critters.
This year's highlights include:
Live Owls and other Raptors brought to us by Wild Wings of California. Please note Wild Wings of California will be onsite until 8 p.m. each event evening.
The Parasitic Insects Show - In this very entertaining comedic "bug" show, children of all ages learn all about parasitic insects.
Live Wolves brought to us by Kimmi Kraus: Project Wildsong. These friendly canines to dispel myths and misinformation about wolves by providing interpretation and education about their important role in the ecosystem.
FRIDAY NIGHT: The Grilled Cheese Truck
SATURDAY NIGHT: Crepes Bonaparte
An activity passport will be issued as visitors check in, and can be stamped at each station.
- Please, no Halloween costumes. This is not a Halloween-themed event.
- Bring a flashlight. Nighttime lighting at the Garden is limited. Please don’t be one of the things that go bump in the night—bring a flashlight for each visitor and follow the designated event paths.
- Picnic dinners in the California Courtyard are welcomed.
- Restrooms and gift shop. The California Garden Gift Shop and restrooms will remain open throughout the evening.
- Gates will open from 5:30 until 7 p.m. The admission kiosk will be staffed until 9 p.m. Call (909) 625-8767 ext. 224 for more information.