Our annual Teacher Open House will be held on Saturday, August 15, 2015 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Free Garden admission for school teachers and administrators and their immediate family.
- Explore school tour and program displays; complete your passport to be eligible for great prizes!
- Reserve field trips. Spring reservations fill up quick. Bring your calendar to schedule a fun and educational trip for your students.
- Stay an hour or stay all day
- Great prizes and giveaways
- Complimentary refreshments sponsored by Gourmet Gourmet Catering, and cookies sponsored by Some Crust Bakery.
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden offers walking tours and programs that include activity stations to help educate students about the Golden State. Tours and programs convey the importance of native plants, cultures of indigenous people and natural history of California. RSABG tours and programs correlate with K - 8 Cross Curricular Common Core Standards for California public schools.
Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24, 2015, 5:30 until 9 p.m.
Things that Go Bump in the Night is a fun evening family event to observe and learn about plants and animals that are most active at night. Visitors follow Garden paths with a passport to visit interactive stations exploring the nocturnal world and its amazing critters.
This year's highlights include:
Wild Wings of California with several raptors including live owls! Please note Wild Wings of California will be onsite until 8 p.m. each event evening.
The Parasitic Insects Show - In this very entertaining comedic "bug" show, children of all ages learn all about parasitic insects.
Kimmi Kraus returns with Project Wildsong to dispel myths and misinformation by providing interpretation and education about their live wolves, Ambassador Wolf Damu and Ambassador Wolf Cael.
Stay tuned for more info!
An activity passport will be issued as visitors check in, and can be stamped at each station.
- Please, no Halloween costumes. This is not a Halloween-themed event.
- Bring a flashlight. Nighttime lighting at the Garden is limited. Please don’t be one of the things that go bump in the night—bring a flashlight for each visitor and follow the designated event paths.
- Picnic dinners in the California Courtyard are welcomed.
- Restrooms and gift shop. The California Garden Gift Shop and restrooms will remain open throughout the evening.
- Gates will open from 5:30 until 7 p.m. The admission kiosk will be staffed until 9 p.m. Call (909) 625-8767 ext. 224 for more information.